- Prohibitions and restrictions on advertising and sponsorship;
- Separation and visibility of alcohol products and advertisements for alcohol products in specified licensed premises; and
- The regulation of the sale and supply of alcohol products in certain circumstances.
Below is a summary of each of these areas along with a download option of the full Act. You can also access the full text of the Act via theIrish Statute Book。
The HSE have also prepared a guidance note on the Act which is availableHERE。
The Act provides for the following information on the label of an alcohol product:
- A warning to inform the public of the danger of alcohol consumption;
- A warning to inform the public of the danger of alcohol consumption when pregnant;
- The energy value expressed in kilojoules and kilocalories contained in the alcohol product,
Alcohol products sold in kegs or casks will have an accompanying document with the above information. Licensed premises will have a notice(s) in the legally prescribed form with above warnings and website information, confirming that a document noting the alcohol content and energy value of every product for sale in the premises is available on request. Finally, the above information will also be required to be displayed on any website that sells alcohol online.
Since November 2019 the following promotional restrictions have commenced:
- Section 16 - Prohibiting the use of alcohol brands on children’s clothing. Children’s clothing and footwear cannot contain alcohol product names, images, logos, etc.
- Section 13 - Advertising in Certain Places. Advertising of alcohol products are prohibited in parks and public open spaces, on public transport (vehicles and stations), within 200 metres of the perimeter of a school, playground or a child services location.
- 第18节 - 电影广告。允许酒精产品只能在电影的放映中进行广告，超过18个认证。
- Section 18 - Advertising during events. Advertising of alcohol products will be prohibited in a sports arena during a sports event, or at events aimed primarily at children (those under the age of 18) or in which they are the majority of participants.
- 第15条 - 旨在促进酒精产品的赞助，主要是在儿童的活动中禁止，或者他们是大多数参与者，或赛车活动。没有禁止赞助赛马或狗赛车，以及主要针对或涉及成年人的活动。
- 第17节 - 印刷媒体广告，贸易出版物除外，出版物最多20％的广告空金宝博真人娱乐间可以致力于酒精产品。
- 节19 -广告限制wh分水岭ich will see a ban on alcohol advertising on television between the hours of 3am and 9pm with radio alcohol advertising banned between midnight and 10am or 3pm and midnight on a weekday.
Following approval of health warnings (in advertisements and labels) by the European Commission,由卫生部长签署的开始订单，后面将有1年过渡期：
- Section 13 - Content restrictions for all forms of advertising. this will include mandatory inclusion of adverts featuring cancer health warnings.
The Public Health (Alcohol) Act has implemented a range of restrictions to the visual display of alcohol products at mixed retail outlets. Section 22 of the Public Health (Alcohol) Act outlines how alcohol may be displayed and advertised within a mixed retail outlet.
Section 22 states all alcohol must be displayed in a separate area of a retail outlet that is separated by a physical barrier which has a minimum height of not less than 1.2 metres and through which alcohol and advertisements for alcohol are not visible. Smaller retail outlets, one or more enclosed adjacent storage units on the shop floor in which the products are not visible up to a minimum height of 1.5 metres.
Mixed trade retailers can store alcohol products in a storage unit behind the counter at only one point of sale area and can also display and advertise alcohol products using one of the following three options:
- A maximum of three adjacent units, each of 1 metre width and 2.2 metres high.
The Public Health (Alcohol) Act includes a range of restrictions on drinks promotions within retail outlets. Regulations issued under Section 23 of the Public Health (Alcohol) Act prohibit the following:
- The sale and advertisement of alcohol products at a reduced price for a period of three days or less.